Professor Gonzalez's research and teaching interests include research methodology, mathematical psychology, statistics, judgment and decision making, psychology and law, group dynamics, and social cognition. Current projects include well-being through the lifespan, development of new methods for classifying and predicting longitudinal trajectories, and decision neuroscience. Also has an interest in data visualization.
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Applied Social Psychology
- Close Relationships
- Group Processes
- Health Psychology
- Interpersonal Processes
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Law and Public Policy
- Life Satisfaction, Well-Being
- Neuroscience, Psychophysiology
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Social Cognition
Research Group or Laboratory:
- Stern, E., Gonzalez, R., Welsh, R., & Taylor, S. (2010). Deliberation and decision: Neural correlates of uncertainty and underconﬁdence. Journal of Neuroscience, 30(23), 8032-8041.
- Ersal (Hossoy), I., Papalambros, P., Gonzalez, R., & Aitken, T. (2011). Modeling customer perceptions of craftsmanship in vehicle interior design. Journal of Engineering Design, 22, 129-144.
- Reid, T., Gonzalez, R., & Papalambros, P. (2010). Quantiﬁcation of perceived environmental friendliness for vehicle silhouette design. Journal of Mechanical Design, 132, 101010-1 to 101010-12.
- Berman, M., Park, J., Gonzalez, R., Polk, T., Gehrke, A., Knafﬂa, S., & Jonides, J. (2010). Evaluating functional localizers; The case of the FFA. NeuroImage, 50, 56-71.
- Franks, M., Lucas, T., Stephens, M., Rook, K., & Gonzalez, R. (2010). Diabetes distress and depressive symptoms: A dyadic investigation of older patients and their spouses. Family Relations, 59, 599-610.
- Na, J., Grossman, I., Varnum, M., Kitayama, S., Gonzalez, R., & Nisbett, R. (2010). Cultural differences are not always reducible to individual differences. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 107, 6192-6197.
- Yilmaz, S., Gonzalez, R., & Seifert, C. (2010). Cognitive heuristics in design: Instructional strategies to increase creativity in idea generation. Artiﬁcial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis, and Manufacturing, 24, 335-356.
- MacDonald, E., Gonzalez, R., & Papalambros, P. (2009). Preference inconsistency in multidisciplinary design decision making. Journal of Mechanical Design, 131, 1-13.
- Chua, H., Gonzalez, R., Taylor, S., & Liberzon, I. (2009). Neural bases of regret and disappointment. An fMRI study of emotions and decision making. NeuroImage, 47, 2031-2040.
- Sacharin, V., Lee, F., & Gonzalez, R. (2009). Identities in harmony? Gender-work identity integration moderates frame-switching in cognitive processing. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 33, 275-284.
- MacDonald, E., Gonzalez, R., & Papalambros, P. (2009). Construction of preference for crux and sentinel product attributes. Journal of Engineering Design, 20, 609-626.
- Biele, G., Rieskamp, J., & Gonzalez, R. (2009). Computational models for the combination of advice and individual learning. Cognitive Science, 33, 206-42.
- Design Science
- Experimental Design, ANOVA, and Regression
- Multivariate Statistics
- Theories of Social Psychology
Department of Psychology
University of Michigan
530 Church Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- Work: (734) 647-6785
- Mobile: (734) 649-7130
- Fax: (734) 764-3520
- Skype Name: gonzoum